TXAPA will begin accepting nominations for TXAPA/TxDOT Quality Asphalt Pavement Awards early in 2020.
Now is the time for our members and TxDOT districts to consider qualifying HMA pavement projects completed in 2019 for a nomination.
Remember, TXAPA submits its award-winning projects for National Asphalt Pavement Association Awards consideration. Several TXAPA members have won NAPA Awards and received national recognition. This is your opportunity to recognize the hardworking men and women behind Texas’ most high-quality roadways at the state level and possibly nationwide!
ELIGIBILITY AND PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
The Quality Asphalt Pavement Awards are open to all TxDOT Districts and Texas Asphalt Pavement Association members. A TxDOT District may nominate more than one HMA project for award consideration. TXAPA members are eligible to win more than one award.
- Eligibility is limited to TxDOT projects constructed under any TxDOT HMA specification.
- Award winners must be members of the Texas Asphalt Pavement Association.
- The TxDOT District or the TXAPA Regular Member responsible for the project may nominate the project for award consideration.
- Each nomination form must be signed by the TxDOT District Engineer and the TXAPA Regular Member to be considered an official nomination.
- The HMA pavements must be completed in the prior calendar year.
- For a project with multiple locations, select one location that best represents the project. The chosen location’s HMA pavement section will determine the award category.
- For a project with multiple types of final roadway driving surfaces, select the final roadway driving surface that best represents the project. The HMA pavement section of the final roadway driving surface chosen will determine the award category.
- TXAPA will send out nomination forms by February 20, 2020
- All completed nomination forms are due by February 14, 2020
Thank you in advance for your participation!
TxDOT/TXAPA Awards Committee:Chairman Glen Dvorak, Hunter Industries, Ltd.
Board Member: John Crowdy, Vulcan Materials
TXAPA Staff: Chuck Fuller, TXAPA
TxDOT Personnel: David Stephens
To nominate a project for the TXAPA/TxDOT Quality Asphalt Pavement Awards, click the link below to download the fillable PDF nomination form. This form is for TxDOT projects only.