Paving and Compaction
Geared to the "boots on the ground," Larry Welch's famous all-day Paving and Compaction seminar is designed for road crews, field supervisors, and superintendents. Welch, a TxDOT veteran and certification instructor at the Hot Mix Asphalt Center in Buda, Texas shares over thirty years of experience during this asphalt pavement intensive. This curriculum is perfect for anyone who needs a solid asphalt foundation including City, County, and TxDOT personnel, and Consulting Engineers and Engineering Firms.
Our one-day Paving and Compaction seminar covers:
- Safety: what is a safe working environment and how do you create one?
- Planning for success: the Pre-paving meeting and other communication strategies
- Milling and prep: surface preparation for successful overlays
- Paving material handling: handle materials safely and efficiently from the stockpile to project
- Paver principles: best practices and proper methods for quality paving
- Compaction: best practices and proper methods for compaction