6 Road Trip Tips to Take With You
1. Check your tire tread and pressure to save on fuel and lower the risk of a blowout.
2. Save gas by setting your cruise control on long stretches.
3. If you must pull over, turn on your hazards and pull over as far into the breakdown lane as possible.
4. Pack your car properly. The heaviest items should be up front on the floor. Secure loose items and strap down large items. Leave clear visibility.
5. Share driving responsibilities every 50 miles to avoid road weariness.
6. Check your fluids. Make sure your oil, antifreeze and washer fluid are good.