Best Practices: 10 Safety Tips
Ten safety tips for a safe and successful job site!
- OBSERVE When approaching a job site observe traffic flow and road surface conditions.
- ASK Ask where to safely enter and exit the job site and where to park your vehicle safely.
- UNDERSTAND Understand and obey work zone signage.
- BE VISIBLE Be visible to equipment operators at all times.
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT Wear proper safety equipment.
- CLEAN WORK ENVIRONMENT Pay attention to and help maintain a clean work area.
- JOB SITE HAZARDS Recognize basic job site hazards such as tripping hazards, moving equipment, and dust.
- ELEMENTS Be prepared for environmental conditions such as heat, rain, and cold.
- BE ALERT Be alert to backup alarms as they can become masked by other hob site noise, be alert to your surroundings.
- YOU SEE IT, YOU OWN IT! Let site supervisors know of any unsafe situations.