Driving in Fog
- Leave plenty of distance between yourself and the vehicle in front of you
- Use your low beam lights and fog lights if available
- Maintain a reduced speed and gently apply brakes when needed
- Follow the lines of the road with your eyes. Driving on the far-right side of the road is recommended
- In extreme cases when visibility is zero, turn on your hazards and pull off to a safe place until fog recedes
- Do not drive in rural areas when experiencing dense fog.
Do your part to help End the Streak of fatalities on Texas roadways by practicing safe driving in every weather condition.