Winter Driving Safety
• Before getting on the road, clear all ice and snow from your windows, vehicle, and mirrors; check your tire pressure; and
install tire chains if necessary.
• Never warm your car up in enclosed spaces such as a garage.
• To prevent your gas line from freezing up, keep your gas tank at least half full in freezing temperatures.
• Keep your lights on to increase visibility for yourself and for other motorists and, allow three times more space between
yourself and the vehicle in front of you than you would during clear conditions.
• Never use cruise control while driving in poor weather conditions or on icy or snowy roadways.
• Use your breaks gently if you start to skid. If your vehicle begins sliding, steer in the direction you want to go.