- Do not use handheld devices while driving.
- Expect the unexpected. Watch for children and pedestrians on roadways, medians, and curbs. Stay alert for children coming out or around parked vehicles.
- Drive extra slowly in neighborhoods. Enter and exit driveways and alleyways carefully.
- Never drink and drive. Plan ahead to have a safe ride home, and don't let friends drive while intoxicated.
- Make yourself visible to motorists by carrying and wearing lights or reflective materials.
- Obey traffic laws such as crossing in a crosswalk with a traffic signal.
- Walk on the sidewalk. If there is not a sidewalk, walk facing traffic as far to the side of the street as safely possible.
Trick-or-Treating During COVID-19
- Always wear your mask.
- Give out individual treat bags. Wipe down collected treats with disinfectant before opening.
- Attend outdoor events instead of indoor events.
Do your part to make sure you and your community have a safe and happy Halloween!