Few people can think clearly and logically in a crisis, so advance planning is always best. Here are a few main ways to plan for and avoid any life-threatening situations while at work:
- Hold a training session for all staff to ensure they know where to locate and how to use fire extinguishers, defibrillators, and any other emergency equipment.
- Have plans in place for any unforeseen events, such as an intruder or suspicious person in the building, fires, or extreme weather situations.
- Make sure all employees are aware of proper safety protocols and post emergency plans around the office as a constant reminder.
- If you notice any entry alarm or fire alarm isn't functioning properly, report the issue to keep everyone in the building safe.
- Develop a preferred method for reporting any type of office emergency.