TXAPA Asphalt Education Series
Join the Texas Asphalt Pavement Association for a series of virtual, interactive workshops designed to deliver essential, yet practical information to personnel working at every level on asphalt pavement projects, from design to construction. Contact Jim Warren, Director of Engineering and Technology at TXAPA for more details at (512) 312-2099 or by email at email@example.com.
*The April Program is currently underway.The Inspector Asphalt Education Program is recommended for TxDOT Inspectors, CE&I Firms, and City/County Inspectors. This program will focus on TxDOT specifications and projects. Participants will better understand roles and responsibilities, key aspects of production and construction necessary to provide proper inspection services for asphalt pavement projects.
The Engineer Asphalt Education Program is recommended for TxDOT Area, District, Design, Project, and Maintenance Engineers, and CE&I Firms. Participants will better understand how to specify, design, construct, and maintain quality, longer-lasting asphalt pavements.
The Production Asphalt Education Program is recommended for Plant Superintendents, Foremen, and Quality Control Personnel. Participants will better understand key aspects of plant operations necessary to apply best practices when working with asphalt at the plant.
The Roadway Asphalt Education Program is recommended for Plant Superintendents, Foremen, Quality Control Personnel, and Project Managers. Participants will better understand key aspects of asphalt pavement construction (from surface preparation through compaction) necessary to apply best practices when constructing asphalt roads.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM TXAPA'S ASPHALT EDUCATION SERIES:
- Courses are designed with the participant in mind; the focus is on interactive and experiential learning. We promise to use PowerPoint responsibly!
- From hands-on learning to equipment demonstrations, these courses will deliver the highest quality education available in the Asphalt Industry.
- Online lectures will be tied to an online resource where participants can access course materials and additional course content; it's a one-stop experience for everything asphalt in Texas.
- Each participant will take away what they need to know to do their job safely, more efficiently, and more effectively.
* Release dates are tentative. Due to COVID, programs will be delivered online at this time. Eventually, both online and in-person programs will be offered.